7 Tips to accelerate the growth of your fingernails
Have you ever wondered what habits affect the growth of your fingernails? Although there is no specific method to speed up the growth of your nails, there are still a number of tips and tricks that can make your nails longer, stronger and healthier.
If you’ve ever tried to grow your fingernails, you know that it can take a while for them to reach a decent length. You may be wondering if there is anything you can do to speed up this process. Well, good news: there are actually some strategies you can use to boost the growth of your nails.
Whether you want to click your nails or just like having long, healthy nails, these are seven tips you should follow to accelerate the growth of your fingernails.
From eating right to choosing the right nail file, to using nourishing nail oil – we’ve compiled all the important information for you.
So, what are you waiting for? Get ready for longer, stronger, and healthier fingernails!
Healthy diet for faster nail growth
It’s common knowledge that healthy eating is important for our well-being and the beauty of our skin and hair. But did you also know that certain foods can accelerate your nail growth?
1. Protein-rich diet: proteins are important for building nails. Therefore, consume enough eggs, fish and dairy products.
2. Vitamin C: This vitamin strengthens connective tissue. An adequate amount of citrus fruits and peppers in your diet will ensure faster nail formation.
3. Biotin: Also known as vitamin B7 or H, it plays an important role in nail renewal. It is found in avocados, eggs, mushrooms and nuts.
- 4. Iron: Iron deficiency is a common problem that can affect nail growth. Eat mostly meat and vegetables like leafy greens.
- 5. Zinc: Zinc deficiency leads to brittle and slow nails. Increase your consumption of red meat, legumes, and whole grains.
- 6. Water: A sufficient amount of water prevents brittle nails. Drink at least 2 to 3 liters per day.
- 7. Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for healthy skin and nails. Fish such as salmon, tuna and mackerel are rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
By following these 7 tips, you can help your nails grow faster and healthier.
Regular care for faster growing fingernails
Healthy and well-groomed fingernails are not only beautiful to look at, but can also increase well-being. Regular care of the nails can also help them grow faster. But what can you do to promote growth?
- Eat a balanced diet and take enough vitamins and minerals. Vitamin A, biotin and zinc are especially important for nail growth.
- Avoid nail polish remover with acetone, which dries out nails and inhibits growth. Instead, reach for gentle acetone-based products or use nail polish remover pads.
- File your nails regularly and make sure they have a smooth edge. Avoid cutting your nails as this can lead to cracks and breakage.
- Use a cuticle cream to keep your cuticles supple. A dry cuticle can hinder nail growth.
- Massage nail oil into nails and cuticles regularly. Oil moisturizes and nourishes nails, promoting growth.
- Wear gloves if you work with chemicals or come into contact with water frequently. Chemicals and water can weaken nails, inhibiting growth.
- Let your nails breathe and do not wear nail polish permanently. Nail polish can suffocate the nails and thus hinder growth.
By following these tips, you can actively support your fingernail growth and keep your nails healthy and well-groomed.
Tips to grow fingernails faster by avoiding harmful factors
There are many different factors that can affect the growth of fingernails. Some of these factors are beneficial for growth, while others can inhibit growth or even stop it completely. To accelerate the growth of fingernails, it is therefore important to avoid harmful factors.
One of the most important factors that can inhibit the growth of fingernails is nail biting. Biting your fingernails can cause them to become brittle and break more quickly. In addition, nail biting can lead to inflammation of the cuticles, which can also inhibit nail growth.
- Tip 1: Avoid nail biting and instead keep your hands busy by e.g. Use ballpoint pens or stress balls.
- Tip 2: Protect your fingernails from moisture and harsh chemicals. Regular hand washing is important, but avoid contact with water and chemical-heavy products.
- Tip 3: Wear gloves when working with sharp or hard objects. This will help you avoid damaging your nails or cuticles.
- Tip 4: Make sure your nails get enough moisture. Use nail oil or an intensive moisturizer, for example, to nourish your nails.
- Tip 5: Eat a balanced and varied diet rich in vitamins and minerals to support the growth of your fingernails from the inside out.
- Tip 6: Avoid frequent painting or removal of nail polish. Regular application and removal of polish can harm nails, causing them to thin out and break.
- Tip 7: Give your fingernails time to breathe. Give your nails regular rest breaks without applying polish, nail hardener or artificial nails to them.
Use of nail strengtheners
Fingernails can break and chip quickly, sometimes causing serious pain. Nail strengtheners are a great solution to solve this problem. They are available in different shapes and sizes and can be selected as needed.
Some nail enhancers are enriched with nutrients such as vitamin E, biotin and keratin, which strengthen the nail and help prevent breakage. Other nail enhancers have special formulas specifically designed to form an even and long-lasting protective layer on the nail.
It is important to use the nail strengthener regularly to achieve the desired results. Before applying the nail enhancer, make sure your nails are clean and dry. It is also advisable to file your nails before applying the nail strengthener to create a smooth surface.
Overall, nail enhancers provide a great way to protect fingernails from breaking and chipping. By following the above tips, beautiful and healthy nails can be achieved.
7 Tips for faster growing fingernails
When stressed, increased nail growth occurs – quite different from when relaxed. But who has enough time for relaxation in our hectic world?
Don’t worry, there are some simple tricks that will boost the growth of our nails while reducing stress:
- Get enough sleep: our bodies need enough rest to regenerate and promote the growth of nails and hair.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet with sufficient proteins and vitamins promotes nail growth.
- Moisturize: Dry nails grow more slowly. Therefore, they should be regularly maintained with nail oil or hand cream.
- Drink enough water: Sufficient fluid intake promotes nail growth and prevents nails from becoming brittle.
- Spare: To save nails, wear gloves when doing housework and gardening. Avoiding aggressive nail polish removers and filing too often can also help nails grow faster.
- Massages: Regular nail massages stimulate blood circulation and promote nail growth.
- Reduce stress: Relaxation exercises such as yoga, autogenic training or progressive muscle relaxation can help reduce stress and promote nail growth.
With these tips you can relax and at the same time positively influence the growth of your fingernails.